Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ahh yet another week living the life of a Parisian, chillin' out and eating lobster claws...

Hi All,

So thus far I'm sticking to my "blog every week" thing so here goes. Okay so I wrote my last blog on Saturday. Well that day was pretty chilled out, just hung out and ate lobster claws for lunch. Correction; the Cohens ate lobster claws for lunch and I sat there trying not to look freaked out. It was an experience in itself. What made it slightly more confronting was that they used a nut cracker to get to the meat inside and every time they cracked one bits of shell and white juices flew everywhere... hmm.

Sunday we went to Audrey's cousin's place to talk about the Italy trip, and afterwards Benji (the cousin) came back to our place. We played french monopoly which kind of blew my mind a little bit. I mean I'm not exactly the world's best monopoly player in english so as you can imagine I totally sucked when everything was in french. I think I went bankrupt in a record breaking hour, which was only lengthened by the fact that we ate dinner in between. Somehow Audrey managed to lose when she owned half the board and most of the bank... Probably because Robin is annoyingly off-putting with his constant commentating... But that's why we love him.

Monday some friends came around for dinner and we just ate and talked and sang which was fun times. Tuesday Audrey, Robin and I went to La Defense (the part of Paris with all the skyscapers) to buy Audrey some bathers. We met up with her mum and had a drink. We were at this cafe next to where these people hold free dancing lessons in the middle of a massive courtyard/square. It was so cool because people actually got really into it. After we had dinner at an italian restaurant in Nogent. Ate myself a good old four cheeses pizza. A staple in the french persons diet ;)

Yesterday, We (being Audrey, Robin and I; which is generally the case when I say we) went to the Australian Embassy to work out how I can vote because, of course since its me we're talking about, its difficult. It was actually the ugliest building I've ever seen, but the people were nice and helpful (unlike another embassy I know). After we walked around for an eternity to find somewhere to eat and saw an exhibition by Takeshi Kitano, who is this really funny Japanese guy with awesome/completely random artwork. I encourage you all to look him up.

Today I went to the Marne (which is a river) to eat. Audrey enjoys driving so much that we drove around blindly for about 45 minutes trying to find a place 5 minutes away from the house. Not really, she just sucks at orientation. If you ever mention this to her she would deny it, but it is undoubtable true, believe me, she drove around a roundabout 4 times....

Right now we're all packing to go to ITALLLYYY TOMORROOOOWWW!!! YAY!
I'm so excited :)
There is no internet there so I won't be blogging until the 21st. But I'm sure to do an epic blog then, SO DON'T WORRY, because I'm sure you're all just sitting around refreshing this page waiting for the next post to go up rather than living your lives...
Love you all!
Speak again when I'm 10 kilos fatter from pizza, pasta and ice cream!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment